More details about QAF/TLW: the french con, 2008!!!
For those who read my report about the convention, you may remember I told you about the rare script of episode 122 (sold at an auction on Saturday, for 400€), in which Brian’s b-date was at first mentionned…
Well, I’ve just received a mail from Marie, the person who started the auction that day. I asked her in a mail if she could remember Brian’s birthdate, and yes, she did! She had the script in her hands for a few days before the con, and she noted the differences between the episode then and the episode as we know it.
This is the mail that I just received from her:
I give you the notes I made between the principal differences I noticed:
- Brian’s birthdate on the tombstone of his birthday cake is May 21, 1971.
- The scene between Ted and Blake is shorter.
- The scene between Ted and Emmett at the Liberty Diner is pretty different: a certain Robert, with whom Emmett had known the same thing, is mentionned.
- The scene between Daphne and Justin: their dialogue has been modified.
- Wink to Gale in the script: “Everyone in the cast except for Brian (Hi, Gale, enjoying your day off?) is here [at the party]“
- In the script, Brian listens Jim Morrison instead of “Happy Feet” and sings.
- The hug between Michael and Ted isn’t in the script.
- In the script, Brian plays like crazy some electric guitar on Jim Morrison, when Michael comes to see him. He isn’t jerking off/scarfing himself. Then he explains and shows Michael how he intented to have his ultimate orgasm.
- In the script, when Justin goes downstairs in a tuxedo, Debbies gives him some flowers to offer Daphne. Mel and Lindsay have rent a limo for him, and Mel and Emmett take some photos, notably with his 2 moms.
- In the script, Chris Hobbs provokes Justin before Brian’s arrival.
- The scene between Ted and Emmett at the hospital shows up while Brian and Justin’s dance in the script.
- A scene in which Michael jumps in a taxi to go to the airport is crossed out.
- In the script, Chris Hobbs calls Brian a “Faggot” after having attacked Justin.
- Most of the dialogues have been changed
And there is the description of THE SCENE. It’s so beautiful that I wanted to keep it:
Brian leads Justin to the dance floor, as the MUSIC starts to play: “Save The Last Dance For Me.” Brian takes Justin in his arms and leads him into a very different dance than we’ve ever seen them do at Babylon: sensual, close, passionate. Their eyes never leave each other as they glide and spin around the floor, locked together, in perfect step with the music. The other couples stop to watch — some shocked, some in awe of how beautiful and romantic these two men are.”
So, how good is that ?
You love me now, don’t you ? ;)
EDIT: She also told me in her mail that she personnally asked Randy about Gale’s health and he answered her that Gale was getting better and that he wished him to be quickly completely fine.