- Gale has an older sister and a younger brother.
- Was raised in a Pentecostal household.
- He attended South West Dekalb High School and The Lovett School.
- He received a soccer scholarship to American University in Washington, D.C. After a year and a half, he transferred to the San Francisco Art Institute to study photography.
- He worked as a carpenter and motorcycle mechanic before being cast in “Queer as Folk” (2000).
- He began acting at the age of 28.
- He made his feature film debut in Paul Scheuring’s 36K as “Booker”.
- He played the role of Kyle in Wake. The role was written for him.
- He departed the series Vanished after seven episodes, after his character was killed off by the show’s producers.
- In 2007, two years after Queer as Folk went off the air, Gale Harold and Randy Harrison’s characters Brian and Justin won an only poll sponsored by the website Gay.com to choose TV’s “Favorite Gay Couple.” They won in a landslide, with 35% of the on-line vote.
- He has appeared in a TV Commercial for Pontiac Aztek (2000)
- Avid reader of The Nation magazine.
- Past influences were Jack London, Gandalf & David Bowie.
- He worked with his childhood idol David Bowie, as an associate producer of the documentary Scott Walker: 30 Century Man.
- He calls the city of Toronto his home.
- He was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident on October 16, 2008.
Sources: celebrina.com, tvguide.com, imdb.com